Things you should know about us
1. Anyone can attend our clinics - you do not have to be a patient at the Dove.
2. The service is very discrete. We are in a GP surgery and its just like going to see the doctor for a routine appointment.
3. The service is completely free. If you need antibiotics we give these to you at the clinic without charge. There are no prescription charges and no need to see a pharmacist.
4. The service is 100% confidential - we do not contact your doctor and nothing will go onto your medical records.
5. We can now have test results for HIV within minutes.
6. As well as sexual health we offer free confidential contraception advice.
7. 50% of all people with a sexually transmitted infection have no symptoms. If you have no symptoms and just want a check up the tests are non-invasive.
8. We offer Rape and Sexual Violence Counselling. It is a 6 week course on a one to one with a counsellor at the Dove. There is no waiting list at the moment. The service is not only open to the direct victim but also to family and partners as well.
9. We are open 5 days a week. You can book on line or by phone.
10. We are here to help not judge